Thursday 3 October 2013

What's Your Square??

For today's class,
Ms Lisa gave us our next assignment which is

WHAT'S YOUR SQUARE??
we were all so blur when Ms Lisa mentioned this to us o.O

Basically, we learned about expanded squares today :)
Expanded square is simply taking a square piece of paper and using a pen knife or blade, we have to cut out our design and the leftover paper must be used again on the mirrored side of your cut out. Every single paper you cut out cannot be thrown away.Ms Lisa gave us around 15minutes to make a brief mind map on what is our square going to be like.We all had to come up with at least 5 different themes for our square and Ms Lisa will choose the final theme for us. In the end, the theme of "Geometrical Shapes" was given to me by Ms Lisa.She mentioned to me that I have always done realistic stuffs and wanted to challenge me by choosing this theme. I do agree with Ms Lisa as I am not really good with geometrical shapes and patterns. After obtaining approval from Ms Lisa, we were given an hour to do some research and rough sketches for our square design :) . Class was dismissed at 5 something and the tutorial will be postponed to the following Monday ( 7/10/2013 ).

Further instructions : Ms Lisa told us to come up with 12 different sketches for Monday's practical session
 ( 6 symmetrical and 6 asymmetrical ). We were also instructed to bring our cutting mats,blades and pen knife as we will be doing our paper cut outs in class itself :)... 

This was a brief mind map I did during class today 

One of the sketches I did for my square design
 I was inspired by the puzzle "Tangram"

No comments:

Post a Comment