Tuesday 1 October 2013

Discovering the "New me"

Hey everyone!!
I'm finally back from my 1 month semester break :)

Today we had our first 2D Design class with Ms Lisa
We were told in advance to bring along our basic tool kit to class..
Ms Lisa gave us a brief description on some of the things we're going to be working on throughout this semester.After that, our first assignment was given ( wow, first class and one assignment already??) haha.

Task : We had approximately one hour and thirty minutes
to go out of the classroom and find items that best represent ourselves after going through Semester 1

 -A rough sketch of my 3D self portrait-
 
I went around campus with Kim searching for any trash that we could use..
In the end..I managed to find alot of things such as, colour papers, water bottle caps, colour sticks, plasticine,sticks and not to forget..a transparent sandwich container! :P..and so, i started drafting out my idea on how my self portrait is going to look like.It was really hectic as most of us didn't have UHU glue..so I was stuck with using my "PRECIOUS" scotch tape :( ..oh well..gotta sacrifice for my assignment right? xP..

 -The Mini Me-

So, this was what I came up with.. :) ...cute right? haha..well . just want to share with all of you about what my artwork actually means. Firstly, the reason why I used a transparent sandwich container is to show that I'm OPEN to others. What I mean by this actually during semester 1, I wasn't really that OPEN to others about my artwork and was lacking presentation skills. I believe that after going through semester 1, my presentation skills have really improved a lot . Next, I used sticks to represent my arm. As you can see, sticks are tough and strong. I personally believe that I have become a stronger person both mentally and physically.Going through all those stress everyday during Semester 1 really made me realize that I am stronger then I think!. Next, the crumpled pink paper represents my brain. The words on the piece of white paper are some of the knowledge that I've gained throughout semester 1 for example; rules of third,composition,art movement,colour wheel and many more. The empty spaces shows that there is much more things for me to learn and discover :) . The green frame represents my spectacles which is part of my identity..tehehehe XD....Last but not least, the maroon plasticine represents my eyebags. Yes, as a student, we are required to do multiple assignments and tasks set by our lecturers. We spend countless amount of time trying to finishing up our work. Not to mention , all those late and sleepless nights.! No wonder most of us seems to have eyebags..hahaha XP * true fact *. anyways.. I actually learned how to managed my time well so that I can submit my work on time and also to have efficient amount of sleep.

SOME PICTURES TAKEN BY THE LAKESIDE

*Credits to Kim for this amazing shot *

 

 Oh look! Mini Me decided to come and drop by the Lakeside :)


 Just a random sunset picture ^^

Signing off,
Pui Leng <3

No comments:

Post a Comment