Sunday 9 February 2014

Production 01 - Report



For our first day of filming,we decided to do some of the night scenes..Choosing a location was really a tricky task for us, but we finally settled in with Nabila's housing area at SS14. Our filming started at 9pm and ended at approximately 2am.Well, It actually ended around 3 something..but I had to leave early as my dad was already waiting to send me home.Many appologies to my team mates for filming 2 extra scenes without my assistance :(.. I really wanted to stay longer but I didn't want to make my dad wait for me..hmmm..that's what you get for not owning a car of your own..pffft..

While filming takes place, Kim and David would take turns to be the videographer.On the other hand, I would mainly incharge of taking photographic evidence for our report. As for lighting, me and Kim would take turns to be incharge while Nabila would direct us throughout the film making process.

To be honest, our filming is not progressing smoothly at all. Our teamwork is great but the thing is that we easily get distracted by other stuffs and lose focus on our filming. A LOT of filming time was wasted due to our lack of discipline..*sighhh*. There were at times where we got really determined to film, but ocassionally, we tend to slack off a little. I don't blame anyone for this as I myself did the same. However, we managed to work together as a team and motivated each other into finishing our film. Punctuality/timing was another issue. I don't want to be elaborating much on this..

My main contribution to this film is basically lighting and also being their photographer. I didn't mind taking up this part because I really enjoy photography :). As for the lighting part, I got really lost at first and didn't know what to do. Thank god for my lovely team mates who assisted/guided me throughout this process. I also played a very minor acting part in the film. I'm personally not really good at acting so I think It was a really really really really good choice to not have me in a lot of acting scenes..I prefer to be "behind the scenes" all the time XD.haha..Anyways, as for the narrative..I still have doubts about our cult...I don't think It's as strong as the other groups cult..but It's kinda too late to regret at this moment. I should have voiced out about it but..haih...Besides, I thought our film will be more on the action stuffs like for example ; killing,murder scenes and also investigations..You know..like those typical Noir Films..However,we're going for a totally different approach to this.We are focusing more on the friendship of our cult leader. I'm not sure if what we're doing is right..but I'll just have to trust my team members with this...I just hope that everything turns out alright in the end and will receive positive comments during our film screening *prays*.

No comments:

Post a Comment