Thursday 20 February 2014

Paint to Music


Today was our last class together so what better way to end the semester with a session of painting to music!. We were told to by Ms Lisa to buy canvas to paint. However,many of us didn't buy it because of the price. I had a huge dilemma deciding whether I should spend RM100 for both canvas or just use normal watercolour paper.In the end, I decided to buy the canvas..tehehehehe :)

Our "Paint to Music" session started 30mins after our monogram presentation .Our first painting was to be painted while listening to classical music. I felt so calm and relaxing and even the angry classical music made me feel calm because listening to it was soothing. This is probably why my painting has mostly pastel colours in it. There was even a point where I got so fed up with using my paint brush and started using my fingers and hands instead. hahaha XD. I wasn't really satisfied with the outcome, but then again..ART is just a subjective thing..I may not like it..but other people may do :)

 This is the outcome of my first painting :) 

For the second session, we painted to "modern" music.I found this session a little bit messy in my opinion. There's a lot of songs that a mix up of a lot of genre except classical. Some song are way too loud and not my preferences and some suits me perfectly. The first song that was played was a very lively and energetic one indeed. I decided to paint the bottom left and upper right corner using bright colours such as Red,Orange and Yellow...for songs that I did not really enjoy ..I splashed black paint all over the canvas and even smeared part of it.. I couldn't quite remember what the spiral in the middle was all about.. It was really really really really sooooooo RANDOM!...I just painted it according to what I felt during that moment..

  The outcome of my second painting :) 

I really like the outcome of this painting because It looks very nice and colourful. Even my brother said that the painting look really nice. He mentioned to me that It's a painting worth selling...wow..I couldn't believe that my painting was really that good... Well, I'm not trying to boast here or anything...but I really do like how the painting turned out to be :)

Anyways, 
I really enjoyed painting to music with my classmates.
It was also really fun to see everyone with their own art styles.
You could clearly see everyone had their own style of painting and I really loved seeing how different everyone felt about the types of music played.

Lastly I would love to thank Miss Lisa for everything she has taught me throughout my whole foundation year. I am honestly more aware of design principles now than I was when I first started the course. :)
Once again, thank you so much for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment