Tuesday 23 April 2013

Description of my Artwork

First of all, my inspiration for "Pop Art" came from the very well known artist "Andy Warhol". It was like a golden opportunity when I got the chance to visit the "Andy Warhol Exhibition" in Singapore last year. The exhibtion was really an eye-opener to me.I always believe that art should be simple & accessible. So this explains why I’m drawn to Warhol’s work because he took everyday object & convert it into an art.Besides that,I like the idea of how he mix and matches colours whih combines together to form a very lively and cheerful image.To me, that is what "Pop Art:" is all about; lively,cheerful and colourful.However,I tried to incorporate that idea and came out with a different meaning into my design.The picture that I've drawn here,is basically a self potrait of myself. How does this potrait actually represent me?.Well,the emotion/feeling that i'm trying to convey in this picture is actally depression.Just a brief story about what I actually mean about that. As you all know, I was the only student that didn't attend Orientation Day.Being one week late to college made me felt quite depressed about it.Mainly because I felt left out and lonely most of the time.So as you can see, I tried to express my emotion and feelings through my drawing. Furthermore, the colour combination that I've choosen are very vibrant and strong colours which makes my drawing stand out more.If you noticed, my potrait also has some small details in it.For instance, the spectacles,my watch and also the design on my clothing.These little small details play a very important part in the drawing as it will look quite plain if it wasn't for it's excistence.Therefore, I shall conclude my presentation for today.The end ,Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment