Wednesday 21 August 2013

Final Submission - Greeting Cards

Bello everyone!! XD.
I'm finally done making my greeting cards after 2 days of hardwork!
As mentioned in the previous post.. 
the theme that I decided to go for is "National Day"...
I've chosen "St Patrick's Day", "4th of July" as well as "Russia Day"
for the style greeting card..I went for a more challenging option which was to make an "Explosion Box"
Overall, I had a really fun time making these card as I personally enjoy doing handicraft works :)

So...let's take a look at the outcome of my greeting card collection ^_^

Here is how the greeting cards look like before it's opened up


 After the "Explosion Box" has been opened up

 
TADAAAAA!!!
SO AWESOME RIGHT??!!! XD 

A closer look into my greeting cards

1) 4th of July
-Box cover-


Left : For the centerpiece of the explosion box, I've decided to make a 3D version of Uncle Sam. Who is Uncle same you say??.. well, he is a common national personification and American government.
Right : This is the view of my greeting card when the lid of the box is opened up.The colours that I've used for the card represents the colours on the national flag
 
2) St Patrick's Day
 -Box cover-

 - For the centerpiece, I've decied to make a 3D version of an Leperchaun Hat. A Leperchaun is basically a magical creature/fairy that keeps a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Whoever who finds the pot of gold will be granted 3 wishes from the leperchaun itself. How cool right?

-This is how my St.Patrick's Day card looks like on the inside - 

3) Russia Day
 -Box cover-


Left : I have chosen Matryoshka dolls as my centerpiece..LOL..I didn't make these dolls...I was surprised that I actually have them at home..so I decided to make full use of it :D.Matryoshka dolls are a set of wooden dolls decreasing size placed one inside the other. 
Right : The view of my "Russia Day" greeting card :)
   
During the presentation day , we gathered at the Design Studio around 11 in the morning. We were instructed by Ms Lisa to neatly arrange our greeting cards on the tables around the studio. I was the 3rd last to present my greeting cards. Before my turn, I was really nervous as I witnessed so many awesome cards made by my fellow course mates. This made me felt as if my cards were not as good as theirs.When it came to my turn, I explained to Ms Lisa and my course mates about the greeting cards that I made. However, not all of them were listening to my presentation at that moment. Ms Lisa was really impressed with my work and told those who haven't seen it to come take a look at it .My course mates were really amazed with what I have made. I felt so happy and satisfied at that moment because of all the positive feedbacks that I recieved.Overall, everyone did a very good job into making their cards.
At the end of our presentation, Ms Lisa told us that she could see improvement in most of us throughout Semester 1.Not only that, we even got GOOD NEWS from her..hahaha... she told us that our final assignment marks will be swapped to the "Colour Wheel Assignment" instead of using Greeting Cards as our final assignment....YAY!! ^_^.. Anyways, big thanks to Ms Lisa for being such an awesome lecturer! It's been a really splendid time being around in your class :) . Thanks for all the guidance and knowledge that you have shared with me about the Principles of Design. The knowledge and information that I've gained will hopefully be put into use during the upcoming semester and most probably in the future too ^^ haha.. thank you once again for being so patience with the crazy bunch of FID students from April Intake 2013! XP.. Take care and see you during the second semester!! :)
 -INSERTS RANDOM PICTURE-
-LOL..ignore my retarded face here -
I was just soooo happy with the outcome of my final assignment :D

No comments:

Post a Comment