Friday 29 November 2013

Batik Trip

Hey everyone!!
I'm finally back from the Batik trip.. We started our day by gathering at Student Life Centre around 8.30am.. We took a bus and arrived at Jadi Batek Gallery around 9 something I think? O.O .


Upon arrival, we were directed to the batik painting area. Before we started doing anything, the staffs there gave us a brief demonstration on the steps on how to do Batik. The instructions were given very clearly by the staffs. We stationed ourselves and I stood next to my team member,Kim.

  
 

Throughout the whole process, we have helped one another with our Batik artwork. The part where we had to use wax to draw was the most difficult part of the Batik process. It required alot of patience and steady hands !. LOLS..my hands were really shaky holding the wax pen * forgot the name of it in malay..whooops xP* .My lines were not really consistent and I had to seek help from the Batik instructors..tehehehe XP...The painting process is next after drawing. I really enjoyed this part as I get to mix and match colours! :). It was quite frustrating at first cause my paint overflowed into the cloth due to my lines being too fine.. :( ..nawhh..my painting was rather destroyed but I just continued painting..Kim finished her painting earlier and decided to lend me a helping hand..big thanks to her! XD

 PICTURES TAKEN DURING THE BATIK TRIP 

-Kim sketching on the cloth-

 PAINTING TIME!!

OUR FINAL OUTCOME!

Kim's artwork
My artwork

 OTHERS



We ended at around 12.30pm and I waited for my brother to pick me up straight from the Batik centre. I am really really really sorry to Ms Lisa and some of my classmates cause they had to wait for me. My brother was stuck in traffic and got lost on the way here. They waited 1hour+ for me and I felt really guilty for that. SO SORRRRRRRRRYYY!!! .Anyways, everything went well in the end and I really enjoyed myself during this trip :) . Can't wait to see the final outcome next Tuesday when they deliver our artwork to Taylor's ^^.

No comments:

Post a Comment